I had become increasingly unhappy with the shaping on my blanket design and so I frogged and started again about a
Last week I only showed you the back of this because I wanted to keep it a secret a bit longer. This is my second Noah's Ark blanket. My first was a huge success so I decided to make one for my sister's new baby. The beige yarn for the sky is a handspun yarn that I respun from my very earliest super bulky underspun attempts at spinning. It is gorgeous and soft and adds great texture but ended up not playing well with the blue acrylic and so I decided it needed to be backed with fleece. My sewing machine and I have and uneasy truce and sewing fleece to crochet nearly caused us to go to war, except for the courageous efforts of my husband who ended up doing about 80% of the sewing. The only thing we have left is to finish the top stitching. It should be done for Friday and I hope I can get some better pics.
I spent too much money on yarn this summer and have been placed on a yarn diet until such time as my yarn shelves are empty ( or at least emptier). So as penance I have begun to use up all the scraps of acrylic on a granny quilt.
My husband has needed a new wallet for almost as long as we have been married(four years). I decided upon the pattern Michael del Vecchio's Wallet about three years ago. Two years ago I went to a LYS and bought the patterns recommended Berroco Suede. A few month's ago I started the pattern in said yarn and learned that linen stitch in ribbon yarn is about as pleasant as repeatedly stabbing myself in the eye with a needle. Finally I bought some cotton dishcloth yarn, sucked it up and finished the pieces. Now if only I could figure out how to put them together.
This has been another issue of Work in Progress Wednesday. If you would like to see more amazing projects check out my link party page to see where the parties are happening.