So this week while going through my cabled afghan and recounting the squares I realized that some of my squares were 12 inches long, some were 12 1/2 " and some were 11" long. So I went through the tedious progress of measuring each carefully and pulling out the edging and re-crocheting the ones that were wrong. I ended up having fix 4 or 5 of the 11 that I have so far finished. They are now all 12 inches + /- a little bit. I also started another square of the upside down canoes.
But an even greater disaster has struck my afghan. I seem to have lost my copy of the pattern booklet. I have looked into the prospect of buying another but although it costs only $4.99 to buy a new booklet it would cost another $6.99 shipping and handling fees. I really can't justify spending $12 on booklet I want one pattern out of. SO that is my dilemma and I have no idea what I am going to about it. I can probably make up or figure out a couple more cable patterns or sub in patterns from another afghan pattern But I feel disappointed because I really like the way the squares together look in the pictures I have seen. So I am not sure how to proceed.
I have started and finished a pair of cute booties to go with the green hat from last week. I will share them with you on Friday. I have also been working steadily on my knitting practice. Here it is.
It doesn't look like much, I know, but I feel like I have progressed quite a bit. Purling is almost as easy as knitting now, and over all the process is becoming almost tedious. I think I have pretty much got stockinette stitch down except for my gauge which still seems to fluctuate quite a bit. I feel great sense of accomplishment though. For a long time I thought I would never figure out knitting and I can now honestly say I can knit I have a long ways to go before I am a great knitter but I am looking forward to the journey.Thanks for stopping by! If you want to see more great works in progress… visitTami’s Amis blog, the organizer of WIP Wednesdays.